This page shows resulting graphs for selected month (starting January 2017 for Metop-A/B and November 2021 for Metop-C) when the GOME-2 offline high-resolution vertical ozone profiles are compared with the Suomi NPP OMPS LP ozone profiles. The plots contain daily averages per latitude zone.
- The comparison includes only geographically and temporally collocated ozone profiles
- The results are shown separately in five latitude zones: 60-90° N, 30-60° N, 30° S-30° N, 30-60° S and 60-90° S
- The GOME-2 ozone profiles are given as partial ozone columns in Dobson Units (DU) at logarithmically spaced pressure layers
- The OMPS LP ozone profiles have been smoothed to the same vertical resolution than GOME-2 ozone profiles using GOME-2 averaging kernels (avk)
- The comparison is done independently with VIS and UV OMPS LP version 2.5 ozone retrievals
Acknowledgement: OMPS LP version 2.5 ozone profile data are produced by the LP processing team (DOI: 10.5067/X1Q9VA07QDS7).